Oxford Station (Oxford)
Oxford Station is the railway station serving the historic university city of Oxford.
It is situated a few minutes walk from the city centre, and near Oxford Castle.
The original station was built by Fox and Henderson and opened in 1852, and the present station replaced it in 1972.
Another line runs to Banbury, Warwick and Birmingham.
In years gone by, a branch line ran to Witney, Lechlade and Fairford, while a cross country line ran to Thame and Princes Risborough and another to Bicester and Bletchley.