Queen`s Chapel of the Savoy (London)
The Queen`s Chapel of the Savoy is a historic building in London.
It is situated in Savoy Hill off the Strand.
The Savoy was John of Gaunt`s London palace. In 1512, Henry VII founded a hospital here, of which this was the chapel.
After a fire in 1864, it was rebuilt by the eminent architct Robert smirke, and it is from this time that the ceiling, covered with heraldic emblems, dates.