Dr. Johnson`s House (London)
Dr. Johnson`s House is a historic building in Central London, much visited for its literary connections.
It is situated in Gough Square, one of a maze of squares and passages off Fleet Street, but is well signposted.
This fine house was built in the 18th century, and was the home of the celebrated Dr. Samuel Johnson, the Lichfield man famous for his English dictionary, from 1748 to 1758.
Later used as a hotel, the house is now a museum devoted to Dr. Johnson.
In the square outside is a statue of Johnson`s cat.