Town Hall (Liverpool)
The Town Hall is one of the main civic buildings in the historic maritime city of Liverpool.
It stands in a short street incongruously known as High Street, in what was formerly the town centre.
The Town Hall was designed by John Wood the Elder of Bath, and was his last work, being completed in 1754, the year of his death.
After a fire in 1795, it was reconstructed by James Wyatt, who added the dome and the Corinthian portico.
There was also damage during the Second World War, but it was restored shortly thereafter.
Liverpool's Nelson Monument can be found behind the Town Hall.