Belgrave Cemetery (Leicester)
Belgrave Cemetery serves the Belgrave area in the North of the City of Leicester.
It was opened in 1881, and was associated with the mediaeval St. Peters Church, Belgrave. The church is still an important focal point of Belgrave, which is now a suburb of Leicester.
The area, long known locally as Red Hill, was formerly the site for executions.
The cemetery is situated beside what is now known as Red Hill Circle, at the junction of Loughborough Road (the A6) and Red Hill Way. It originally consisted of 5.5 acres, but a little more was purchased from the Great Central Railway in 1900.
The first burial was of 4 month old Rosetta Getliffe.