Colin Crosby Heritage Tours

Abbot`s Hospital (Guildford)

Abbot`s Hospital is a historic house in Guildford.

George Abbot, a local man who rose to be Archbishop of Canterbury, founded the almshouses, known as the Hospital of the Blessed Trinity, in 1622, for twelve brothers and eight sisters, all of whom had to be resident in Guildford and over 60. Today twenty four live there.

There is an enormous gatehouse on the High Street.

Abbot`s brothers became Bishop of Salisbury and Lord Mayor of London.

Bookmark this page

Bookmark this page with

What is

Places in Guildford...