Colchester North Station (Colchester)
It is situated on the Northern outskirts of the town, beyond the Roman Walls.
The station, until recently known simply as Colchester, was originally built in 1843, but was rebuilt by the Great Eastern Railway's Chief Engineer, Mr Wilson, in 1896.
Lewis Cubitt built the railway hotel, which is now part of a hospital.
From a junction at Colchester, a line runs to Clacton and Walton-on-the-Naze.