King`s College Chapel (Cambridge)
King`s College Chapel is a magnificent building, and one of the finest and most admired in England.
It is the chapel of King`s College, which was founded by Henry VI in the historic university city of Cambridge. The building is often mistaken for a cathedral.
The chapel was begun in 1446, but not completed until 1515 under Henry VIII.
The magnificent fan vaulted roof was designed by John Wastell, and took three years to build. The windows are the most complete series of Tudor stained glass in England.
At the East end of the chapel is Rubens` painting "The Adoration of the Magi". This was painted in 1634 and presednted to the chapel in `961 by Major A. E. Allnatt.
The famous Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is held here every Christmas.